Wednesday 26 February 2014

3 Months On - A State of Frozen Steel Address

Its a little over 3 months since I decided I'd start to write about my hockey team. I didn't realise what kind of beast I'd create.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd get over 600 Twitter followers, get praise from some of the best hockey writers in the country, and get recognition from players - both new and old. We've had over 13000 pages views - that's mental.

I think with subjective writing, you're going to ruffle a few feathers, and if we've overly upset anybody I apologise, it wasn't the intention. We just say what we see - and sometimes it hurts to see it.

I want to thank everybody who has read the blog, shared what we've written, argued the toss with us, whatever. If you've read what we've done, thank you from the bottom of my heart. The same goes to the players who have been interviewed - they have taken more time to answer than I ever thought, and have all been superb and answered all questions asked of them. I can't thank them enough.

Over the next few weeks, expect some season wrapping up articles from myself, Tom, and Alan. But we'd like more input from you, the fans of the Sheffield Steelers. We're a fansite - not just for us to get on our soapboxes - although admittedly that happens a lot. We want fan input, and would love to hear from you.

Don't forget our planned meet and trip to Hull on March 23rd. There's a thread on the Frozen Steel Forum that can be found HERE. We'll be doing some recording for the first of hopefully many webisodes that I intend to record. If you want to talk about the team, the season or even just the day out, make sure you get in touch and let me know who I'm looking for when I land at the Most Versatile Venue. The show also needs a name - I'm not calling it Frozen Steel TV because it is not going to be a Cats Whiskers ripoff. At all. I promise. Honestly.

I promised everyone a competition when we reached 500 followers - I haven't forgotten. Cross Check Clothing and EIHL Jewellery have offered to donate prizes, anyone else who would like to throw something into the goody bag - DM us on Twitter or email frozen.steel.91@gmail.com and we'll let you know what we're doing with it. The competition will come at the end of the season, so keep an eye out for it.

Tonight's fan forum is expected to welcome a new coach, and another new era to the Sheffield Steelers. Lets hope it's not a false dawn.

Liam
@IAmMcCausland
@TomWalkeden
@AwkwardGinge

No comments: