Wednesday 30 July 2014

Frozen Steel Meets: Mathieu Roy



We continue our summer of player interviews by bringing you a chat with Friday's signing.

A very impressive resumé, mixed with an even more impressive beard, has already endeared Mathieu Roy to us Steelers fans.

We got a chance to speak to "The Cat", asking what we should expect from him come September.


FSB: Hello Mathieu, welcome to Sheffield! What was it that attracted you to the team?
Mathieu Roy: My agent put me in contact with coach Adams, and the way that he spoke about the Sheffield organization got my interest. He wants a winning team and so do I.

FSB: What do you know about the Elite League? Did you speak to anyone about coming over?
MR: Yes, I do know a couple of guys that played there last year and they liked it. I'm starting to get more familiar with the differences from the ECHL.

FSB: Describe your playing style to us - what should we expect from you?
MR: I'm an offensive player first, but i like to play defensively also. Blocking shots is one of the things that i like to do and also trying to show my leadership on the ice.

FSB: You've put up some very impressive numbers in ECHL and have had a big impact on your team - do you expect to make the same impact over here?
MR: Yes, I've had success in the last few years and i would love to bring the same to the team here. But I'm also willing to play whatever role the coach has for me.

FSB: You will be one of several new changes to the side from last season - have you come into contact with anyone from our team, or with anyone else in the league?
MR: Besides coach Adams, i haven't spoken to anyone yet, but i can't wait to start training camp to meet all the guys

FSB: Finally, do you have anything else to say to the fans of the Steelers?
MR: Can't wait to meet you all, have a winning season and do my best to win another championship

Big thanks to Mathieu for his time. I'm excited, to say the least.

All together everyone...


No comments: