Sunday 21 September 2014

5 Things We Learnt This Weekend - 21/9/14


We had to lose at some point. But there? Ehhh.

Here's what I took away from this weekend.

1. Fife/Dundee is a lovely rivalry.
And I don't mean in the friendly lets be friends off ice sense. There was hate in that rink last night. It was a great game for Premier to cover, and I watch with interest as it continues to grow and grow.

2. Coventry are the team to beat.
Apparently they're not clicking yet. I do not want to see them when they do. They keep grinding out results against all sorts of opposition, and while it's early days, its an impressive start for Favor's boys.

3. I don't like the NIC.
Well I do, because it's a nice arena and we've won the Playoffs there and all that, but when we have played them there in recent times it does not seem to go well. At least it was 'only' the Challenge Cup, although I want us in the final of that this year.

4. I may have overegged FFR.
Apparently they were a bit silly and poor last night. Ah well, they were stellar on Sunday. They will win us more games than they lose us, and I still firmly hold the belief we will win something this year. Just maybe I ought to ease off the pressure a bit.

5. Emmo has been freed.
1+1 in a Caps SO win tonight. Also, Grimaldi scored a penalty shot. Go figure.

No comments: