Tuesday 25 November 2014

FSB Statement: Changing Of The Guard

So after a self-imposed absence of nearly a month, I'm back in the game. Kinda.

First off, I have to say a big thank you to Tom for holding the fort in my absense. He's done a superb job, one which leads into the following statement:

While I was away, I realised just how much time I was devoting to the blog, something I do for free with no other benefit than the enjoyment of writing. I toyed with the idea of walking away completely, but then I'd miss the writing.

With that said, I'd like to announce the appointment of Tom Walkeden as Co-Editor. Tom will be overseeing the Steeldogs and Academy focus, so if that is you, Tom is your man from now on. This is in addition to his match reports and game updates.

I will remain as co-editor, but will be focussing on the Shadows, the Steelkings, and the Steelers game previews and wrap-ups. I will also be dedicating less time to the Twitter feed, as I've realised I actually need to leave the house every now and then.

While I was off, we celebrated our first birthday. I had a glass of port and a smug smile of satisfaction on my face. Thanks to everyone who's helped us stumble through to one year of being THE Sheffield Steelers fansite. Thanks to users of the forum, thanks to those who have given us interviews, thanks to anyone who has read an article. Hell, thanks to anyone who has bitterly disagreed with us. Funny that when people fall out with us, our readership goes up.

Here's to the future.

Liam

Find us on Twitter:
@FrozenSteelBlog
@TomWalkeden
@FrozenSteelMNL
@Hockeybhoy
@RatedRDG


Join the conversation on the Frozen Steel Forum

Or Like us on Facebook and talk about it on there.

No comments: