Friday 19 December 2014

It's Been A While, Frozen Steel!




As the title suggests; it’s been a while, in factit has been over 2 months! I suppose I should explain myself to the FSB readers whilst I can. My absence has been long and needed in regards to my degree. By no means am I doing the hardest degree in the world but all my efforts needed to go into that. Working on a short film, a film script and even working on highlights for the Sheffield Steelers Ball Hockey Club! I am now on Christmas break, so I am hoping to jump back on the FSB horse!

As I write this, we currently sit 1 point above Braehead with 2 games in hand on them too! Not too shabby I think! Saturday against Hull should be 2 points but as we have seen a lot this season, ANYTHING can happen in the EIHL. So I look forward to seeing you guys there!

One thing I did want to address in this blog post is how well the team have been performing recently. For me, we are the best team in the league right now. Our 2nd line could easily play against the top lines of at least 7 of the other 9 teams! 

A few players I feel are very “unsung” if you will; Phil Hill and Rod Sarich. Now, Rod is like Marmite for a lot of people, you either love him or you hate him. Personally, I’d have Rod in Orange until he can’t go any longer. His reading of the play is exceptional and his strength is brilliant. Yes, he isn’t going to light up the league and become top points scorer or best D-Man, but he will always be a great asset to the Orange Army. Phil Hill, again is like Marmite. A lot of people dislike him, and sometimes I see why. On the other hand though (especially whilst Hewy has been out) Hill has stepped up his game and has been hitting (and sometimes slashing) anything that moves. He has been an absolute animal for us on the 3rd unit and does his job very well; I for one say, keep it up Phil!

I know this was short, but let’s keep it sweet until the weekend; when I will be back writing the View from Block 105!


Find us on Twitter:
@FrozenSteelBlog
@TomWalkeden
@FrozenSteelMNL
@Hockeybhoy
@RatedRDG


Join the conversation on the Frozen Steel Forum

Or Like us on Facebook and talk about it on there.

No comments: