Wednesday 30 July 2014

Fans Of Ste...Erm...Blaze: Daniel Smith

Recently, we announced our line-up for the 2014/15 season, welcoming new writers into the fold.

Well, how better to get to know them than for them to take part in the Fans of Steel feature?

In this edition, we had to twist the rules a bit, and welcome Blaze music man Daniel Smith.



Name: Daniel Smith
Age: 28
Twitter Handle: DanPensBlaze
Hometown: Dudley
Usual Seat: Press Box
NHL Team: Pittsburgh Penguins

First Started Watching The Blaze: Last year was my first full season really, but I attended the odd game for the previous two seasons.

All Time Favourite Player: Although I believe Bethany to be the best, my favourite for obvious reasons would be Mario Lemieux.
Current Squad Favourite Player: Kris Letang for the Penguins, Cale Tanaka for the Blaze.
All Time Blaze Starting Six: Peter Hirsch in net. D men would be Egener and Brian Lee. My forwards would be Cale Tanaka, Ryan Ginand and Dustin Cameron. (I have kept my picks to players I saw play myself and not on statistics)
One Player You Would Sign, Money No Object: Stephen Murphy

Best Game Attended: February 16th 2014. Coventry Blaze 4, Braehead Clan 2
Worst Game Attended: April 1st 2014. Coventry Blaze 1, Sheffield Steelers 6

One Change You Would Make To The On-Ice Product: Discipline!!!!
One Change To The Off Ice Product: We are a top ranked club, let's see us presented that way pregame!

Who Will Win The Silverware This Year? Either Braehead or ourselves!

No comments: