Thursday 24 July 2014

Frozen Steel Meets: Luke Ferrara

As part of the summer's Q&As, we've tried to bring you some of this season's new recruits.

You can read our interview with Pascal Morency here, but now, meet our new Brit. Enter Luke Ferrara...


FSB: So Luke, welcome to Sheffield. Firstly, what attracted you to the club? 
Luke Ferrara: My first attraction to the club was because of Gerard Adams. I'd spoke to him and he said he has an exciting opportunity here for me to develop and become a better player. So I snapped up the opportunity. He was a massive factor for me. He has looked after me for a few years and I really enjoy his style of coaching. He is a real man manager and makes sure he gets the best out of you.

Also, all young hockey players want to be a part of one of the biggest clubs in the country.

FSB: What's your hockey background - how did you get into the game?
LF: Originally I started playing at 5 because both of my older brothers were playing. My eldest brother was taken to a game by my parents and loved the game so much he wanted to give it a go. Since then all three of us have developed through Peterborough junior system, also playing for South East, England and Great Britain.

FSB: Describe your style of play to us: what should we expect to see from you?
LF: I'd like to think I'm quite an exciting forward. I like to shoot the puck and try to pride myself on working hard and playing a two way game.

FSB: Do you expect to be involved with the team much this year, or will you mostly be icing for Peterborough?
LF: I'm hoping to be playing as many games as possible. Hopefully midweek games I can play and any games where Peterborough do not have a game. I also expect to be training 2 or 3 days a week with Sheffield.

FSB: How difficult do you think the 2-way deal will be for you? 
LF: I'm hoping the two way will be tough but rewarding. It should be a lot of hard work but the extra training with both teams should only help my development which is all I can ask for.

FSB: Is there anyone in the team you already know? Anyone you know that you could potentially be facing?
I know Jonathan Phillips as I have done some hockey schools with him over the past few years, and Robert Dowd as my brother and him played on the same England and Great Britain junior teams. I know quite a few British players that are my age and obviously know David Clarke and Craig Peacock as we all grew up playing in Peterborough.

FSB: Finally, do you have any last words for the Steelers fans?
LF: Firstly I'd just like to say thanks for giving me such a warm welcome. Also, I hope I get a chance to prove myself to you this year and show you what I can do.

Thanks to Luke for his time with us. We hope to bring you more of our signings as the summer progresses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds good to me and welcome to Sheffield.