Tuesday 15 July 2014

Frozen Steel Meets: Pascal Morency

A few eyebrows were raised when Canadian winger Pascal Morency announced that he had signed with the Steelers for the forthcoming season, especially as the club had yet to announce it themselves.

No matter though, Pascal is a Steeler, and the more I think about it the happier I am. So with that in mind, I went chasing our latest signing for a few words. And I got them.


Frozen Steel: Firstly Pascal, welcome to Sheffield. What attracted you to coming to play for the Steelers?
Pascal Morency: What attracted me was a whole. Players like Dustin Kohn spoke highly of the place, the fans and the organization. When I spoke with the coach , he was very understanding and listening to the perceptions of others which makes you connect with him right away.

FSB: What do you know about the Elite League - did you speak to anyone who's played here about coming over?
PM: I know that it is a league that has gotten better and better. You must know that the UK has a real good reputation on how it treats the players - similar to the US and Canada. It's not the same everywhere. I can only tell you that the team I played in Croatia made me question a lot about hockey overseas.

FSB: Describe your playing style to us - what should we expect from you?
PM: Expect the unexpected ;-)

FSB: You've found yourself at several teams over the years - where would you say your favourite time was?
I had a great time with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. They treated me very well and I am very grateful to have been part of this organization. The city of Ljubljana was my favourite .

FSB: Some fans have shown a bit of concern at your PIMs and some of your past incidents - one with a certain Mr Phaneuf for example - and our refs aren't known as the most forgiving in the world - how do you think your style of play will fit in here?
PM: The one way Floyd Mayweather is able to win and remain undefeated, is only because he is not afraid to adapt, change, make adjustment etc. A winning team will remain a winning by being willing to adjust and make changes. That's part of life.

FSB: Is there anybody you've come up against in the past who you're looking forward to playing against again?
PM: Not really. Hockey is nothing personal .

FSB: Finally, do you have anything to say to the Steelers fans?
PM: Steelers fans, we'll do our best. We'll have our ups and our downs but the downs will make us grow for those that see it as opportunity. Let's make it special. Let's be kind and love one another. Help someone in need, and I will do the same. Be the change. As individuals we will rise up higher together and make this world a better place. That's the purpose of life. Winning will follow.

A big thank you to Pascal for taking the time out to answer our questions. I look forward to seeing him in the orange #55 shirt on September 6th.

No comments: