Monday 8 September 2014

March Across The Pond - Season Preview 14/15


2014-2015 EIHL Season Preview

The first few games of the EIHL season are in the bag and I’m going to give you a short and sweet preview of what to expect.

Keep in mind that it’s only been a couple games in so anything could happen and thoughts will obviously change. As of the rosters that are on paper and what I’ve seen, this is where I’m pulling my thoughts from.


1. Remember the BBC.

No I’m not talking about your British Broadcasting Corporation. I’m talking about the Elite league’s BBC! All you have to remember by the end of this season is those three letters.

Belfast. Braehead. Coventry.

Those are the three teams who we will see challenging the top end of the leader board all season long. Actually, they might even end up in that order now that I think about it. Anyway, keep your eyes on them.

2. Beware the Scots.

This is probably one of the most exciting years to be a fan of any of the Scottish teams as all four have iced very competitive squads. Yes, even you Edinburgh.

While they may not capture glory, they will be entertaining as all hell and will bring people to the arena. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Capitals turn into a bit of a goon squad. Fife has the skill to mesmorize, Dundee has built on their defensive end and Braehead has always been a force for the past couple of years, no change there.

3. Hull is your dark horse.

Oh poor Stingrays. I actually feel bad for you.

I’m afraid to say that you guys might be pulling in the back end of the leader board but you might have a couple of shocking upsets in your repitoire this season. I think it’s going to be a bit of a learning and rebuilding year for your guys but nonetheless keep those hearts filled.

4. Cardiff takes a page from the 90’s New Jersey Devils.

Nice salute to the NJ Devils with your uniforms. Maybe you should adopt the “trap” like they did. Elite league champs in no time.

Anyway, at the end of it, it’s really anybody’s game this year when you look at the rosters on paper. Give it until mid-season, then I’ll really have something to say.

PS: Notice how I didn’t mention the Steelers? That’s up to the rest of Frozen Steel!




No comments: