Sunday 19 October 2014

5 Things We Learnt This Weekend - What's The Diff-erence


Incorporating Wednesday's defeat of Dundee, here's this week's bitesized reaction to the happenings in Steelerland.
1. We are beatable.
So the league record went. It was going to happen at some point I suppose. Let's hope it doesn't become a trend though. Regroup. Let's go batter the Caps on Wednesday (sorry Caps).

2. I don't particularly like the Cardiff Devils.
The fans are great. They're mostly very nice people. The team, on the other hand... I'm particularly not a fan of Mychan and Hendrikx. Proper thuggish players. They'll win a lot of games in the BBT with the style of game they play. As a side note, tonight hurt.

3. I don't think we like shooting towards the curtain.
Another poor second period last night, which followed a poor second period on Wednesday night. This must be improved on, and we must be consistent over 60 minutes, if we're going to lift anything come March and April.

4. Ben O'Connor will not be with us past the start of November.
And if he is, he's a fool. Far above EIHL standard. However, if we do end up keeping him, I wouldn't be surprised to see the end of Pascal Morency, although I hope it doesn't come to that.

5. I don't overly care about the Nottingham Panthers any more.
How did they get on this weekend? I haven't heard, I can't be bothered to find out.

Find us on Twitter:
@FrozenSteelBlog
@TomWalkeden
@FrozenSteelMNL
@Hockeybhoy
@RatedRDG


Join the conversation on the Frozen Steel Forum

Or Like us on Facebook and talk about it on there.

No comments: