Sunday 28 December 2014

5 Things - Humbug!



I told you. I told you it would be typical for the Panthers to break the script and ruin Christmas.

I hope you all had a safe and happy Christmas, and didn't let the defeats get you down too much.

I think we learnt a lot about this team this weekend. Not all negative, I hasten to add.

1. If Frank Doyle doesn't win Player of the Year this year, you all need to give your heads a shake.
Probably dizzy from standing on his head so much, he is the reason we are top of the league. The scoring helps, but when the scoring dries up, who's there to save the day? Super Frankie Doyle.

2. The Mosienko Mancrush continues.
I'm disgusted at myself. I now own a Mosienko shirt. I never saw it coming, but man, what a player. Never ever ever stops.

3. Juice has been set loose.
I never really noticed Greg Jacina last year. Thought he was pretty anonymous whenever we played the Panthers. Well I've noticed him now. Good player with tremendous workrate. I was hugely impressed with Robert Farmer too - he was given a job to do, and by heck did he do it.

4. We will not have another weekend like that.
Not only can we not afford to, but G has to take some lessons out of the weekend and act on them, drill what is expected into the players, and make sure that the mistakes of the weekend are not repeated. I have every faith that he will. Besides, one point clear, two games in hand.

5. There's always ulterior motives.
Hicks supplies the Panthers shirts so must be biased towards them. No, he's awful for everyone. Tony Smith runs DoPS. No, he was voted in by the other clubs as chairman and has no authority over DoPS. Neil Black owns two teams so controls the league. No, just no. Sometimes, teams just lose. It happens, for many reasons. Excuse my naive nature.

Find us on Twitter:
@FrozenSteelBlog
@TomWalkeden
@FrozenSteelMNL
@Hockeybhoy
@RatedRDG


Join the conversation on the Frozen Steel Forum

Or Like us on Facebook and talk about it on there.

No comments: