Thursday 20 March 2014

Frozen Steel Gathering - It Is Upon Us

This has been in the pipeline for a couple of months, but the day is nearly upon us. The 1st Frozen Steel Gathering.

The last game of the regular season, at the nearest EIHL team to me, seemed like a good place to start. Luckily it's not far away from you lovely people too, so I'm expecting quite a few Steelers fans in attendance.

Here's our plan:
We will hopefully be arriving at the Most Versatile Venue between 4-430. We're easy to find, there'll be 4 of us with a Scarborough Steel Legion banner.

It is my intention, as you may know, to record you fans for the first episode of The Furnace, the irregular Frozen Steel webshow. I'll be asking the following questions:


  • What's your view of the season?
  • Who has impressed you? Who hasn't met your expectations?
  • Which game sticks most in your memory?
  • What do you reckon of our chances in the playoffs?
If you want to answer those on camera, and be a part of internet history (exaggeration), get in touch, make yourself known. If noone comes forward, it will be me and Tom talking to each other. I'm okay with this, but would much rather have you guys along. We'll be outside until about 5:50.

We also hope you all come sit with us, I don't know exactly where yet, but hopefully behind the goal. We like to make noise and get behind the boys, so don't come sit with us if you don't like a bit of chanting. And I will be singing "My Garden Shed."

Afterwards, I'm conducting an interview with Sylvian Cloutier, so will be hanging around for a bit. If anyone else wants to talk to us, come find us and we'll record something.

Above all else, just come along and have fun. It'll be tense for the Stingrays fans, but I'll be in party mode, so lets get behind the boys and give them a regular season sendoff.

Get in touch with us at the blog on Twitter or via email if you definitely want to talk to us.

Liam

@FrozenSteelBlog
@IAmMcCausland
@TomWalkeden
@AwkwardGinge
@MartynDRoyce

No comments: