Sunday 26 October 2014

The Walkeden Review - Getting Into Hockey With Chris Evans


With the new Elite League season well underway I spoke with another fan from Scunthorpe, Scunthorpe is a town that hasn’t got an Ice Rink so is a town that is very much a stranger to Ice Hockey so I spoke with Chris Evans who is actually from a village very near to Scunthorpe and is currently living in Sheffield while he attends university about how he got into the sport.

FSB - What or who got you into Hockey?
CE - I saw an advert in Sheffield and I only heard good stuff from my friends who had been to it

FSB - Do you remember the teams of your first games and where?
CE - It was at the Motorpoint Arena and was between the Sheffield Steelers and the Cardiff Devils

FSB - Are you glad you went to an Ice Hockey game?
CE - I am very glad that I went to an Ice Hockey game

FSB - Where do you think British Ice Hockey is going?
CE - I think it has the potential to be one of the top leagues in Europe and it has the potential to attract big names from the states

FSB - Would you ever go out your way to attend more games? If so why?
CE - Yes I would because I enjoy ice hockey a lot and would happily go to more games

FSB - Have you got anything to say to someone that might be attending their first game?
CE - Keep an eye on the puck and just enjoy it and look up the rules before you go, it will make understanding things easier

Thank you for reading and thank you to Chris for taking the time to answer a few questions! I plan on doing a few more of these in the near future. Also if there is anyone reading this that is from a town or a village around the Scunthorpe area etc. without a rink or without easy access please get in touch with me on twitter @TomWalkeden

so once again thanks for reading guys. Any questions or comments please get in contact with the Frozen Steel Team on this article, Facebook or via Twitter:-
@FrozenSteelBlog
@CausyFSB
@TomWalkeden
@FrozenSteelMNL
@hockeybhoy
@RatedRDG

Check out the Frozen Steel Forum

or Email the team at frozen.steel.91@gmail.com

Tom
@TomWalkeden
Tom

No comments: