Sunday 20 July 2014

Kirstie Davies Talks With Frozen Steel About The All-Stars


With the UK Forum All-Stars weekend upon us I spoke with Kirstie Davies about her involvement with weekend.

FSB - How long have you been involved in the UK Forum All-Stars? And why tell me your story?

KD - Well, this would be my third All-Stars I have been too but the first one I've played in. We first found out about it from a friend Steve baker. He let us know that it was in Cardiff and that my sister should register to play as she is a goalie in inline hockey and wanted to try out ice hockey. She loved the first one so registered for last year’s All-Stars again. I came up to Sheffield to watch and was itching to get on the ice. So I decided to buy some skates. Join the Cardiff Comets Ice team to get some experience and here I am playing this year. I love the atmosphere at all stars everyone is so friendly, players and supporters. I also love that no matter what your ability is on the ice everyone is welcome to play.

FSB - In your own words what does the All-Stars stand for?

KD - The All-Star weekend to me is a weekend where I can meet new people and friends. Have a great time and laugh and just really enjoy myself.

FSB - What’s been your favourite memory to date?

KD - I would say my favourite memory to date was last year. My sister was unable to come out on the town so me and a few of her team mates (Michael Walsh, Adam Dadswell and David Paul) brought a party back to her room and it was better than most my nights out.

FSB - Who are you representing this year! And has it any special significant to you?

KD - This year I am representing Blue Cross I would say it was special to me because I am a huge animal lover.

FSB - Nearly 100k has been raised since the all-stars began I’m guessing the next target is 200k? And what do you think the total for this year will reach?

KD - I think the total for this year might be between £35,000-£40,000 maybe even more!

FSB -Why should people come down to Ice Sheffield at the weekend?

KD - I think people should come because through experience even though you’re not on the ice with the team you can still get involved with everyone and all the fun and mischief that goes on plus meet some great people.

FSB - Finally what are your sponsorship details in a final bid to get you some more donations?

KD - To sponsor me you can donate online on my Just Giving page https://www.justgiving.com/Kirstie-Davies2

Thank you for reading and thank you to Kirstie Davies for taking the time to answer a few questions you can find Kirstie on Twitter @KirstieMooo so give her a follow and give her some support and why not sponsor her a couple of quid while you’re at it!

Hope to see you at Ice Sheffield at the weekend!

Tom
@TomWalkeden

No comments: