Monday 21 July 2014

Matthew Newton Talks With Frozen Steel About The All-Stars

With the UK Forum All-Stars weekend upon us I spoke with Matthew Newton about his involvement with weekend.

FSB - How long have you been involved in the UK Forum All-Stars? And why tell me your story?

MN - This will be my second year playing in the All-Star tournament, having sponsored people in previous years, I finally got involved, to be part of the fundraising, hockey and banter.

FSB - In your own words what does the All-Stars stand for?

MN - The All-Stars in my eyes is a group of fantastic people all giving up their own time and money to help various causes across the UK, it’s great to see how the hockey community comes together for events such as this. Which is growing from strength to strength each year.

FSB - What’s been your favourite memory to date?

MN - My favourite memory has to be my first goal at last year’s tournament. Not just because I am a defenceman, but I had a couple of people in the crowd who agreed to pay £5 sponsorship per goal I scored, remember Tom...
(Yes I Remember and I sponsored you as soon as the puck hit the back of the net as well)

FSB - Who are you representing this year! And has it any special significant to you?

MN - I am playing for the Sheffield. Children’s Hospital charity for the second year running, I spent time there when I was young, so it’s nice that I can give something back.

FSB - Nearly 100k has been raised since the all-stars began I’m guessing the next target is 200k? And what do you think the total for this year will reach?

MN - I honestly don't think that £50,000 is out of reach for this year, which would be amazing. The more people that are aware of the event, the more will come to watch us and support the charities

FSB - Why should people come down to Ice Sheffield at the weekend?

MN - People should come down to the rink to watch different level players from across the globe come together and enjoy the selves whilst raising lots of ££££ for VERY WORTHY CAUSES, and there are opportunities to win some awesome prizes too.

FSB - Finally what are your sponsorship details in a final bid to get you some more donations?

MN - There are two easy ways to help me raise more money, 
I hope to see more and more new faces at the weekend, 26th and 27th July, Ice Sheffield, BE THERE.....
Cheers,
Matt

Thank you for reading and thank you to Matthew Newton for taking the time to answer a few questions you can find Matthew on Twitter @NewtonMatthew11 so give him a follow and give him some support and why not sponsor him a couple of quid while you’re at it!

Hope to see you at Ice Sheffield at the weekend!

Tom
@TomWalkeden

No comments: